Horses need fibre – it is the basis of healthy stomach and intestinal function. A healthy gastrointestinal tract is the first step to a healthy horse. At Cavalor, you will find several high-fibre products, including two well-known ones: FiberForce and FiberForce Gastro. But how do these two products differ? The information below will help you decide which product you should use for your horse.
Cavalor FiberForce is a high-fibre mix that’s low in sugar (5%) and starch (3%) and formulated for sensitive horses. It prevents dramatic spikes in blood glucose and insulin levels, making it a safe feed for horses prone to metabolic disorders. Cavalor FiberForce also contains a balanced mix of lucerne stalks, teff, and beet pulp. Its extra fibre aids digestion to prevent gastrointestinal problems. Fibre is the engine of a horse’s gut. It also contains pre- and probiotics to support the gut flora and a healthy bowel in general. Cavalor FiberForce contains extruded pellets for good digestion.
Cavalor FiberForce is suitable for:
- Horses with sensitive digestive systems
- Horses with metabolic problems
- Horses recovering from illness/surgery or after prolonged treatment with medications
- Horses that suffer from recurrent intestinal problems
- Detox purposes
Feeding instructions: We recommend a minimum of 500 g and maximum 2000 g per 100 kg body weight per day. For a 600 kg horse this means a minimum of 3 kg and a maximum of 12 kg per day. Divide the concentrate feed over several portions per day, preferably after feeding forage.
Cavalor FiberForce Gastro
Stomach ulcers are a common equine problem. Weight loss, drop in performance, dull coat, yawning, and loss of appetite are all signs that suggest the presence of gastric ulcers. Cavalor FiberForce Gastro is a high-fibre mix for balanced stomach function. It is high in fibre, consisting of a mix of lucerne and teff grains, beet pulp and 8% Timothy stems. This is ideal for stimulating saliva production and neutralising stomach acid. The herbs and gastric buffers protect the stomach wall from irritation and ensure optimum pH in the stomach. Cavalor FiberForce Gastro, like Cavalor FiberForce, is low-starch and low-sugar. Horses with stomach problems often lose their appetite because eating has become painful. Cavalor FiberForce Gastro contains added fenugreek for extra flavour.
Cavalor FiberForce Gastro is suitable for:
- Horses with (or prone to) stomach irritations and stomach ulcers
Feeding instructions: We recommend a minimum of 500 g and maximum 1000 g per 100 kg body weight per day. For a 600 kg horse this means a minimum of 3 kg and a maximum of 6 kg per day. Divide the concentrate feed over several portions per day, preferably after feeding forage.
Both FiberForce and FiberForce Gastro are based on the power of fibre. Here are their main similarities and differences:
- High fibre content – the power of fibre!
- Promote healthy digestion
- Low in starch and sugar
- Energy from fats and fibres, therefore suitable for sensitive horses
- FiberForce is formulated to promote healthy function of the intestinal tract
- FiberForce Gastro is formulated to promote healthy function of the stomach
- FiberForce Gastro contains buffers to neutralise gastric acid and protect the stomach wall
- FiberForce Gastro is enriched with fenugreek, is extra tasty, and stimulates the appetite